After the wedding, showers and extra cards in the mail I put all our wedding cards in a gallon zip lock bag in a tote. I didn’t really have a plan for them, just figured we may want to look at them later in life.
WELL…the other day I ran across this post. And there was my answer to what to do with all those cards! The post had the picture below with detailed instructions that included a lot of crafty materials/tools.
I sat out to make the wedding card album with things I already had in my craft tote. I shall share my experience with you!
1) You need somewhat thick paper board: Cereal box, cardboard that come in sheets or what I chose to use- a hanging file folder.
2) Locate your largest card. Trace a little larger than the largest card. You will do this two times.
3) Cut paper board out. Then, cut two pieces of colored paper to cover the paper board. I used paper we actually had left over from our wedding decorations.
4) Cut accent paper (Hobby Lobby half price $0.29) for the front of the album. I used a hot glue gun to glue everything on this project.
5) Next, I added flat stickers (That I already had), a square title block from the scrap paper and a shoe that our flower girl tossed (we had a running themed wedding).
6) Now for the back: You need a piece of ribbon that is long enough to wrap around your stack of cards. Flip over the back panel and adjust your ribbon so it is equal in length on both sides of your back panel. I stapled the ribbon and then glued stickers over them (so they would stay longer). I had the stapler, ribbon and stickers already! I used tape to help hold the ribbon while I stapled. Then, removed it.
7) Now at this point you are suppose to whole punch all of your cards along with your covers and put a big metal ring through them to hold it together. My 3 whole punch was not working well so I had to call it a day until I barrow a hand punch.
I began stacking my things up to clean up the area and saw this…
I then realized there is no way a metal ring is going to fit through ALL our cards! I have been trying to decide if I should do two rings in between the covers, large wire to fit all the cards or just make two books. So… it is ALMOST complete!
But it looks nice from the top!