Awhile back I did a post on a list of Words of Affirmations ideas. Since that post I have had some people asking me about the ideas and asking for more. Therefore, over the next week or so I will be doing a post for each of the 5 Love Languages! Today, we will start with some more ideas for Words of Affirmations.
-Put a note on the inside of a cereal box.
-While on vacation (yes with your spouse) send a postcard to your home address for your spouse to get when you arrive home. Tell them how much you enjoyed the time/experience together.
-Write a short story for them or even a short book. It is ok if it is stick figures!
- Make them an exploding box with notes and pictures.
- Leave a note on the inside of a lid. (Ryan and I take groceries to work each week for our snacks so sometimes he finds notes in them.)
- Have the kids do a questionnaire about daddy/mommy then give it to them. Here is an idea, but you can use it anytime not just Father’s Day!
-Make a short video clip telling your spouse what drew you to them.
- Create a handmade card and write a love note inside.
- Email or print a picture of you and your spouse. Tell them why you like that picture so much, the memories you created, the fun you had, or how hot they look.
- Send out a private Facebook message to some of their closest friends and ask them to leave a random comment on your spouse’s wall telling/reminding them why they enjoy having them as a friend.
- Praise about your spouse to others while they are around.
-While laying in bed at night tell them you are so grateful to have another day with them.
- Write an original (or find one that describes the situation well) poem to your spouse.
- Ask your spouse how they are doing on achieving their goal they are working towards. Then, encourage them to continue to work towards it.
- Write an encouraging quote or one that describes your spouse so they can use it as a bookmark.
-Make a coupon that says: “Let me tell you what I think of you…” Let them redeem it when they need a pick me up.
- Call their office phone/cell phone when you know they won’t answer and leave them a message encouraging them to head into their day strongly.
There are so many ways to show love to your spouse through Words of Affirmation! These are just a few!
What are some ways you speak Words of Affirmation?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,