We decided to carve some pumpkins this year! Last year we were so busy with the wedding we decided not to. But this year we were all over it! It took us 10-15 minutes to find our pumpkin. And then we schemed for about three days on what we were going to carve.
You can check out all the details about our Halloween evening here. We ended up with pumpkins that looked like this.
We of course had to make some pumpkin seeds! Here are some recipes we found that sounded good. We found them here.
- Savory: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- Lemony: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon ‘Mrs. Dash” or lemon pepper
- Halloweeny: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice.
- Spicy: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Natural: 1 teaspoon sea salt or other salt, 4 tablespoons melted butter
Sort seeds from pulp.
Lay seeds out flat to dry over night.
Put seeds on baking sheet in an even layer. Preheat oven 250 degrees. Cook 20-30 minutes. Rotating/stirring every 5 minutes.