1½ cups cooked quinoa
½ cup pecans, half ground and half coarsely chopped
¼ cup sunflower seeds, pulsed in the food processor
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, pulsed in the food processor
3 Tbs. ground flaxseed meal
½ tsp. cinnamon
⅔ cup cranberries or raisins
4 pitted dates
1/2 cup apple sauce
3 Tbs. peanut butter
2 Tbs. honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8″ x 8″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients (quinoa through dried fruit) in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the dates, apple sauce, peanut butter, and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl and use a spatula to fold. When thoroughly combined, the ingredients will stick together.
- Scoop the ingredients into the baking pan and use a spatula to press down into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until brown on edges.
- When done, remove pan from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into bars.
*I double the recipe and do one serving of cranberries and one of raisins.
** I often just use whatever nuts I have in the house. This last batch was: sunflower seeds, pecan, walnuts and almonds.
Do you make homemade protein bars?
Until Next Time- Truly Love,